7 Commandments of the Personal Computer Revolution:
1. Access to Computers – and anything that might teach you something about the way the world works – should be unlimited and total.
2. Always yield to the Hands-on Imperative.
3. All information should be free.
4. Mistrust authority – promote decentralization.
5. Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such as degrees, age, race,or position.
6. You can create art and beauty on a computer.
7. Computers can change your life for the better.Steven Levy, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Levy#7_Commandments_of_the_Personal_Computer_Revolution